Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5, 2009

It was a birthday kind of weekend. My brother-in-law shares the same birthday as my sister-in-law, so today the hubs, my mother-in-law and myself met my brother-in-law at The Metropolitan Museum of Art for his birthday. I haven't been there in years and forgot how big it is!

Here is a picture of me and my M-I-L in the waiting area of the main entrance:


Here is a pic of the hubs with his mom and brother in front of the Egyptian Temple of Dendur.


In the American Wing, I love the stained glass. Here is my favorite, a fairly famous piece entitled "Autumn Landscape" that was designed for Tiffany Studios in the 1920's.


Here are two pictures of my favorite sculpture. It is entitled "Cupid and Psyche" and was located in the European Sculpture and Decorative Arts collection.




We had a really nice time, but I have to admit, I seriously don't understand modern art at all. I barely understand regular art! LOL. I did find some paintings that I liked, and when the time comes to redecorate.. I'll be looking up some prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment