Sunday, August 2, 2009

July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Mommy! We took our Cesena and flew out to see my mom for her birthday. My brother, sister and I arranged it so we could all be there. My mom was really excited to see us. Now that they live 7 hours away, it is always a treat to get together.

As I mentioned here, The Hubs and I bought my mom a trip to Rome for her birthday. It was a surprise and of course I couldn't just tell her, I had to give her a series of "clues". I gave her a gift bag with small presents numbered 1-4.

Present Number 1 (a small Murano glass cross necklace - Murano glass is made on the island on Murano near Venice):

After gift number one, although she knew it was Murano glass (she loves Murano glass), she was pretty clueless.

Present Number 2: An Italian American Dictionary:

As you can clearly see from the picture, she has no idea where this is leading. I think this picture is priceless.

Present Number 3: a leather passport cover. Inside the passport cover were two pictures I created in Photoshop of My mom, my sister and myself standing in front of the Colloseum, and one of the three of use standing in front of St. Peter's Basilica. (The 3 of us will be going on the trip)

Still no clue about what we were getting at.

Present Number 4: The flight itinerary.

And once she opened it, she pretty much started crying. Yeah, for one of the best gifts ever!

Of course the night wasn't over, we spent the evening over my parent's firepit roasting marshmellows, and reading two minute mysteries (something my family used to do when we were kids).


Here is a picture of my sister and I from the night. All smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment