Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 22, 2009

For his birthday in October my mom bought the hubs this kit to grow herbs for pizza sauce. The hubs is a big pizza fan, but only of make it at home or Sally's Apizza in New Haven,CT (pretty famous and oh yeah they have a coal fired oven!).


Well needless to say sed kit has been sitting in my kitchen since then. Neither of us has a green thumb, but we have done pretty well with my mini palm tree and this plant my friend Rae gave me on February 22. So I decided that I would crack open the kit and figure out what to do. It came with 3 compressed mini planting mix discs, for lack of a better word. The directions said, add hot water and let sit for 15 minutes, the potting mix will soak up the water and spread out like dirt. Well....how about not so much. Here is what mine looked like:
.

Yeah I think they look like turds.


If you really want to see a good gardening project, check out my friend Connie's recession garden! When I finally have a yard, I can't wait to try my hand at vegetables. For now I rely on my in-laws... they get the best tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment