Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 03,2009

Well you all are in for a treat. Today was a special day indeed. My sister and I went to see the Pussy Cat Dolls and Britney Spears in concert. Woot! Woot! for a lip-syncing good time.

Here we are having our girly drink (stoli raz and cranberry) at one of the bars in Mohegan Sun, prior to the show:

Pussy Cat Dolls were the opening act, and they were surprisingly good, considering only one of them actually sings.

Because I am in a super special mood, here is a little video of them performing Jai Ho, from SlumDog Millionaire. Now I apologize if it gets a little shaky, but I love this song and the I had to get my groove on. Also... no infringement intended ;)

Then Britney came on (well after a performance by the Big Apple Circus). It was called the Circus tour after all, and yes I know that is the name of her new album.


Now I have to admit, I know she lip-syncs, and it was sort of like watching a crazy blonde dance around to a Britney CD (wait... that is exactly what it was), and from where we were sitting, she probably could have been any blonde, but seriously.. if you are gonna lip sync, I really expected more from her dancing. I know call me crazy, but seriously.. yes it was a big stage, but walking around it doesn't constitute enough movement for you not to sing live. Britney was not surprisingly not too interactive with the audience at this show, the only time she spoke was to say "What's Up Connecticut" twice. Maybe I'm crazy, but for the price of this ticket, I was seriously underwhelmed.

But because I love you all, here is a little video of the Britster. Again, I apologize if it gets shaky. I tend to dance a bit, and I apologize if it periodically loses focus (my camera can't handle the lights). Also this was shot on my point and shoot Sony DSC-W200 which doesn't have the greatest zoom. And of course no infringement intended ;)


1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to see this concert when it came to Utah but now I'm kind of glad that I didn't! I can lip sync to her songs way better!

    ReplyDelete