Sunday, November 8, 2009

Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins

I love the song, "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover", but I cannot hear it without thinking about the scene on the original version of Beverly Hills 90210, with Kelly and Dylan in the beach house, when they finally realized that they could no longer stand to be apart.

This song came on the 90s on 9 channel on Sirius the other day, and I remembered that there is one verse that I never quite understood..

"Damn I wish I was your lover
I'll rock you till the daylight comes
Make sure you are smiling and warm
I am everything
Tonight I'll be your mother
I'll do such things to ease your pain
Free your mind and you won't feel ashamed
Shucks
For me there is no other
You're the only shoe that fits
I can't imagine I'll grow out of it
Damn I wish I was your lover"

I don't know, the reference to being your mother just plain creeps me out. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way or has the same memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment