Thursday, March 26, 2009

Second Chance - ShineDown

So I keep hearing the song Second Change by Shinedown on the radio.

Here is the chorus:

"Tell my mother,
Tell my father
I've done the best I can
To make them realise
This is my life
I hope they understand
I'm not angry, I'm just saying...
Sometimes goodbye
Is a second chance"


This got me thinking about relationships and people I know, and I started thinking.. do you ever wonder what would happen if you met some of the people from your past now instead of then? I know it would drastically alter reality, but be hypothetical with me for a minute.

Seriously, what would happen if the friend I just reconnected with on facebook and I never met, and met now intead about 12 years later? Would we still be friends? Would I still have insta-crushes I had when I was a school girl certain guys if I met them now? Would I have married my husband if we met now instead of in 1996? Who knows, but it is fun to think about, and actually a little scary.

The other thing that triggers in me everytime I hear this song, is my thoughts of reaching into my past to try to reconnect with an old friend. Someone I shared silent goodbyes with at 18. Could this be our second chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment