Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's that time of year...

Where my newly founded green thumb gets itchy.. and I have to attempt to make things grow. Maybe it's the sunshine, maybe it's the plants, grass, trees and flowers blooming, but I just have to get gardening. Since I live in a condo, I am restricted to container gardening that pretty much takes over my deck, and makes my table unusable. But that is ok, if I get a fresh tomato... or a sprig of cilantro for my guacamole...or some basil for my fresh pesto.

I have been waiting for the weather to cooperate, and today was sunny and beautiful, so off to Walmart to buy my potting soil I went, and 6 8-quart bags later, we have our garden planted.




I did cheat a little this year and bought a pre sprouted beefsteak tomato plant and a pepper plant, but I can't tell if they are growing or not since I replanted them. Today I planted my seeds for roma tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, cilantro, basil and parsley. Yum! The thought of it makes my mouth happy.

Here's to happy growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment